Can’t find what you’re looking for at your Pierce County Library?
Let us know!
If you would like to borrow something from us that is not currently in our catalog, you can fill out a Purchase Request/Interlibrary Loan Form. If we can’t purchase your request, we can try to borrow it from another library system for your use through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- You must have an active Pierce County Library card to make a request. Get a library card now.
- Customers are limited to two requests each week.
- Please provide as much information as possible about the item when submitting your request. This will help in identifying the exact item to purchase or borrow.
- You can request the purchase or ILL of books, movies, CDs and audiobooks. E-books can be requested through the Notify Me feature on the Libby App: https://help.libbyapp.com/en-us/6260.htm
- All items must be one year or older to be borrowed through ILL . If you’d like to request a renewal, please contact your local library.
- Requests can take up to several weeks to be fulfilled. If you provide an email address during the request process, you will be updated on the status of your request.
- Some libraries we borrow from charge lending fees, and we may ask you how much you’d be willing to pay in these cases to borrow the item.
- Lending libraries may also charge you for damaged or lost items.
What We Purchase
- All purchase decisions are governed by the Selection of Library Materials Policy.
- We consider purchase requests for books, DVDs, CDs (audiobook and music), and e-books or downloadable audiobooks (available by using the Notify Me feature in the Libby App).
- We review purchase requests for print and electronic magazines annually. Requests may be made at any time but new purchases for magazines are made together, once per year.
- We accept purchase requests for yet-to-be-published materials no earlier than three months in advance of their publication date.