Learn about your Pierce County Library System.
- Access free books, e-books, audiobooks, magazines, movies, music and more with your library card.
- Attend classes and events such as story time, author events, STEAM activities, employment training and more.
- Use today’s technology including computers, printers, Wi-Fi and more.
- Enjoy welcoming spaces for everyone, including meeting, conference and study rooms.
- Find knowledgeable staff to connect you to the right resource at the right time.
Through the Library’s strategic plan, the Library System strives to inspire life-long learning, foster a love of reading, and engage with residents through programs, services and buildings.
to bring the world of information and imagination
to all people of our community.
Our Mission: to bring the world of information and imagination to all people of our community.
Our Vision: Be the community’s choice for the discovery and exchange of information and ideas.
• Customer service excellence
• Freedom of expression and free flow of ideas
• The diversity of people we serve, their opinions, capabilities, needs and interests
• The power and worth of words and images
• Equitable access to all library resources and services
• Responsible stewardship of public funds
• Creative solutions by solving problems in innovative ways
• Our diverse, skilled and knowledgeable employees working in a safe and stimulating environment
This is your
Property taxes are the primary source of funding for the Library System. A Board of Trustees, comprised of Pierce County citizens, oversees the Library System, which belongs to the community it serves. You can trust your Pierce County Library System to invest in sound and sustainable operations.
More about your library
Board of Trustees >
Meet the Board of Trustees and learn more about their role.
Strategic Plan >
Learn more about the work of your Pierce County Library.
Annual Reports >
See your investment at work.
Restored Levy 2018 >
Recap the vote to restore Library System funding.