Vote to support your
Pierce County Library.
Voters said YES to restore the Pierce County Library System’s funding.
- In the Nov. 6, 2018 general election voters approved Proposition No. 1, a levy lid lift.
- 50.21% approval, with 106,844 voters casting yes votes.
- This was definitely a tight election. The Library System recognizes that any tax measure requires a personal investment from the people living in the Library’s service area.
“We are incredibly grateful to voters for believing in their public library. This is a positive endorsement for the value the Library System brings to our communities. We thank the voters for their investment in the Library System. Staff is committed to working each day to demonstrate and deliver value to every community member and to earn your continued confidence and trust. This is an exciting time as we continue our commitment to spark success for Pierce County and create opportunities for learning, enjoyment, and community!”
— Pierce County Library’s Executive Director Georgia Lomax
- The restored levy maintains library services and returns the Library’s levy rate to its full legal amount of 50 cents per $1,000 of assessed property value in 2019.
- The restored levy will maintain services including: