Gain skills and give
back to your community.
Gain skills and experience, make friends, and give back to your community. Applications open annually in late spring and space is limited.
Teen Volunteer League
Teen Volunteer League is an annual summer program for youth ages 14 – 18. Gain skills and experience, make friends and give back to your community!
Meet with other teens online to create the library community you want to see, all while building your resume, earning volunteer service hours, receiving training and learning job skills from home.
Email us if you have questions.
What to Expect
Teen Volunteers can expect to receive:
- At least 15 hours of community service
- Resume support and job skills training
- Mentorship from library staff
- Access to community resources
- Leadership experience
Teen Volunteers will:
- Co-design a teen volunteering program that benefits teens, the library and the community.
- Explore and research leadership development for teens.
- Assist in library activities and special projects.
Teens ages 14 – 18 invited to apply!
Some technology and internet access required to send and receive e-mails. Meetings will happen twice weekly over Zoom and volunteers will collaborate using free online tools with librarian support.
Off-line alternatives for meeting attendance and online participation may be provided.
Save the Date
Applications for the summer session open Monday, May 15, 2023. Spots are limited! Teen Volunteer League runs Tuesdays from July 11 to August 22.